5 Replies Latest reply: Mar 5, 2015 1:49 PM by alanrichey42 RSS

Setting up Slingbox with my Comcast Cable Box

HollyCooper
    Visibility: Open to anyone

Hello,

I have recently purchased Slingbox M1 and have watched the video demo on how to set it up with my cablebox.  The cablebox I received from Comcast does not have the same color or number of input/output hookups that are shown in the video demo.  I haven't been able to get my slingbox set up.  Any suggestions?

• Re: Setting up Slingbox with my Comcast Cable Box
          alanrichey42 Master

Impossible to help here as you don't actually tell us anything specific.   What is the model ?   What connections does it have ?

HollyCooper

Dear Alan Richey42:

Thank you so much for responding!  What a delight to hear from you.

I have both a Motorola DCH 70 and Motorola DCT2244 cable box set up in two different rooms in my house. I am unable to set up the Slingbox M1 with either because the ports are not available or compatible (excuse me if I use inaccurate nomenclature).  Each cable box has only red, white and yellow ports. DCT2244 has a red & a white audio in; a red and a white audio out and a yellow video out. The DCH70 has only a yellow video and a red and a white audio.

Attached you will find two pictures of the back panel, noting the ports, of each cable box:

DCH70

DCT2244

Your kind support is greatly appreciated so that I can operate this brand new Slingbox. I look forward to hearing from you and Slingbox!

Respectfully yours,

Holly M. Nilson

alanrichey42 Master

Not sure why you think you cannot connect them.   Both of your boxes and the M1 have identical composite video (yellow) and analog stereo audio (red/white) connections.  

HollyCooper

Dear Mr. Alan Richey 42,

I am so pleased with your prompt response.  It is not that I do not "think" it will work, did I fail to tell you that I connected in multiple ways to try it out?  My error.  Actually, my slingbox has red, blue green and then red and white. When I take the slingbox cables and plug into the cable box--I only have room for one red and one white from the Slingbox cables to be plugged into the cable box (i.e. the audio cables from slingbox). 

In other words, the slingbox cables have more plugs and colors than the cable box has ports to put them in.  I have tried going through the TV set but that has not worked.  I go online to "watch" and I download the PC app and it just "initializes" (black screen, twirling curser) and that is all that happens.  Some times it says it cannot connect.

So what do I do with the other end of the red, blue, green (i.e. video) cables of the sling box?  Right now I have them plugged into the TV (which only has red and blue so the green is hanging).

I am trying the different scenarios again as I write this.  Any productive support would be greatly appreciated. thank you, Holly Nilson

alanrichey42 Master

Actually, my slingbox has red, blue green and then red and white. When I take the slingbox cables and plug into the cable box--I only have room for one red and one white from the Slingbox cables to be plugged into the cable box (i.e. the audio cables from slingbox). 

No, your Slingbox has the red/blue/green (component video), the red/white audio AND the yellow composite video.   So ignore the red.blue/green and just take the yellow composite video and red/white audio outputs from your cable box

Image1.jpg.

and plug them into the corresponding inputs on the Slingbox.

image.jpg