3 Replies Latest reply: Mar 9, 2015 11:35 AM by JohnKeller RSS

Slingbox 350 errors

caq44158
    Visibility: Open to anyone

I continue to receive errors w202 and w211 and have to repeatedly refresh my browser (both IE and Firefox) or reconnect only to have it happen again and again.  I am on my home wi-fi with lightning fast speed.  It seems the player gets stuck buffering.  I have already reset the slingbox and my router.  Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

• Re: Slingbox 350 errors
          JohnKeller Newbie

Hello Chuck!

Thank you for providing a detailed account of what troubleshooting you've tried so far.

The W202 and W211 error codes definitely indicate an issue with the Slingbox connecting to your home network.  If you've already attempted a soft reset of both the Slingbox and your home router, and you are confident about your home network speeds, the next best step might be to do a hard reset of the Slingbox unit and restore it to factory settings.  By doing this, you can completely restart the setup and configuration process.  It will ensure that all the firmware on the unit is up to date.

Here are some additional troubleshooting steps I would try:

• Uninstall and reinstall the browser plugin for the SlingPlayer
          • Try to connect from a different device (such as another computer, mobile device, Roku, etc).  That way we can rule out it being anything to do with your computer that might be causing a loss in connection. 
          • Also, if there are a large number of devices connected to your home network at the same time, it might be eating up the bandwidth necessary to send your television signal through the Slingbox.  Soft reset the router once more and make sure that there aren't too many other devices connected that could be drawing strength from your internet signal.

If the issue still persists, feel free to give our technical support department a call.

Here is some further reading on Slingbox error codes:

Hope this information was useful.  Good luck!

-John