4 Replies Latest reply: Jul 25, 2010 1:25 AM by andres7790 RSS

Does the Sling box solo hook up to Fios?

josephglickman

I have fios.  The cable box model is not listed exactly.  It also has a ethernet connection on the cable box.  Can I use that instead of a bridge?

• Re: Does the Sling box solo hook up to Fios?
          robbr Newbie

I am not familiar with the FiOs boxes, but if they are like DirecTv boxes if you don't see your exact box but one very close to it for FiOS it should work fine.  The only thing you're trying to set up are the remote codes, I doubt FiOS has more than one remote code for their boxes.  As for the bridge, I can't answer that but hey you could always plug it in and give it a shot.

josephglickman

The box does not seem to work on the fios network ethernet back to the fios wireless modem.  so I have to go buy another piece, $80 or more.  And then still won't know until i try it?

eferz Expert

josephglickman wrote:

I have fios.  The cable box model is not listed exactly.

The Slingbox should work with any cable box as long it has compatible outputs.  The main question about compatibility is if it has the capability to use the virtual remote for the plethora of set-top boxes.  This article (http://support.slingbox.com/get/KB-5000164) will help you find out if they already have a supported remote profile for your individual set-top box.  If your cablebox is not listed then you still have other resources for custom remotes (http://support.slingbox.com/get/KB-2000299.html).

It also has a ethernet connection on the cable box.  Can I use that instead of a bridge?

Probably not, the Ethernet connector on the set-top boxes are usually used to download updates or electronic program guides.  Depending on your area, I believe that Verizon typically packages the Motorolla QIP receivers with their television services.

The box does not seem to work on the fios network ethernet back to the fios wireless modem.  so I have to go buy another piece, $80 or more.  And then still won't know until i try it?

Usually Verizon packages the an Actiontec Modem / Router / Firewall with their FIOS broadband service.  This should be fine with your Slingbox.

I think you should probably give us more information about your what you have including manufacturers and model numbers and how you have it connected.  The typical FIOS service setup shouldn't have any problems supporting the Slingbox.

andres7790 Newbie

Since Fios boxes all use the same remote, i couldnt find my Motorola HD box model, i just out in QIP 2500 and i havent had any problems at all.. as for your internet connection, hooking it up to the internet connection on the box will not work