Hi Ziggie! Thanks for using the forums!
There are a few things I would check if I was experiencing this issue:
1) Make sure your download speed is sufficient at the remote location for a connection to the Slingbox. We recommend a minimum of 0.6 megabits per second (mbps) download speed for standard definition, and 2.0 mbps download speed for high definition. You can also try connecting on a different remote network to see if you get a different result.
2) Try connecting to the Slingbox from a different device. If you're able to connect on other devices, you might try troubleshooting the device that does not connect to the Slingbox. I would try turning said device off and back on, and also try uninstalling and reinstalling the Slingplayer application or plug-in that you're using to try to connect. Here are a few articles that can help you with this, depending on the device you're using:
- Slingbox.com - Uninstall and reinstall of SlingPlayer iPad and iPhone
- Slingbox.com - Uninstalling and reinstalling SlingPlayer for Android Phones
- Slingbox.com - Installing/removing browser plug-in for Watch on Slingbox.com
3) If none of the above troubleshooting tips fix the issue, I would try doing port forwarding on the home router for port 5201. Doing this should ensure that the Slingbox is streaming in TCP (Top Connection Protocol). Basically, it ensures that the Slingbox has the most optimized connections when streaming outside your home network. This article should help get you started:
Hope this helps!