7 Replies Latest reply: Feb 23, 2015 5:26 AM by ACC6300822 RSS

No 1080p on M1?

fuzzyreets

Hi everyone.  I know the M1 is supposed to support 1080p but every time I change my cable box (Comcast X1) from 1080i to 1080p, my slingbox only redirects audio.  No video.  It is immediately fixed when going back to 1080i so it obviously doens't support 1080p.  What's the deal?  Additionally, my cable box shows that it is 1080p 60fps.  I can't find the grid that shows supported resolutions for the M1.  If anyone can share I'd appreciate it. Thanks.

• Re: No 1080p on M1?
          Crenim

Just an FYI, I am experiencing the same issue.  I use Verizon FiOS.  As soon as I connected the M1 in-line, I got an "Unsupported Video Type" message.  I went into the box and changed it to 1080i and it works fine.  This definitely needs addressing.

fuzzyreets

Yeah I figured it was a problem. I'd curb your expectations given how bad

slingbox support for their products is. Guess I'm stuck with 1080i now.

Crenim

Same here.  I have been really disappointed in Sling's support over the last couple of years.  I owned the original classic, then the SB300, now the M1 and it's been interesting to see the change.

Even seeing things like no longer having the ability to set a static IP address or customize the ports the slingbox runs on really baffles me.  Kind of like when they took away the original desktop app... Now we have a new app, which is basically just a pretty interface for google chrome.

It seems like with every new release they actually take away functionality and customization.

Things like not even being able to use favorites in the new desktop app drive me absolutely crazy... or taking away the ability to use web streaming.

fuzzyreets

Don't hold your breath. Been asking them about adding a simple ok command

to follow channel entry on Comcast x1 service every 6 months for 2 years.

They just tell me to enter a feature request. It makes the apps that you

pay 15 bucks for half useless. They really just don't care. They will just

wait until a new model comes out to address the issue then tell you that

you need to upgrade.  Next to Comcast, worst customer support I've ever

had.

ACC6300822

I also have a problem with 1080p 50Hz and the Slingbox M1. The specs on the web say that the M1 can handle 1080p. If so, is it limited in any way to the frequency? Can Slingbox support clarify this please.