2 Replies Latest reply: Jun 29, 2010 12:28 AM by alanrichey42 RSS

MODEL NUMBER

spaniard44

THE MANUFACTURER OF THE RECEIVER BOX IS DIRECT TV. HOWEVER THE MODEL THAT THE BOX SHOWS H23-600 DOES NOT APPEAR IN THE DROP DOWN MENU OF ALL DIRECT TV MODELS. CAN ANYONE HELP ME?

• Re: MODEL NUMBER
          eferz Expert

I would recommend in testing the HR20, HR21, or HR22 for the most part most of DirecTV's satellite boxes use the same IR signals.  However, where you might find a problem is the address pairing of the physical remote and the set-top box.  If they aren't setup as address #1 then it might be unresponsive to your Slingbox.  This is because DirecTV has the option of changing the remote address so that one or more of the same reciever can be in the same area but only respond to its paired remote.

1. With your TV & DVR on, press the MENU button on your remote
          2. Select Parental, Fav's & Setup
          3. Select System Setup
          4. Select Remote Control (you should also check to make sure it is setup for IR not RF)
          5. Select Advanced Setups
          6. Press the DASH  (-) key on your remote [under the 7 button and to the left of the 0  button]
          7. If the This Is: box doesn't read 'Receiver 1', press  the arrow keys to highlight that box, press the SELECT button on your  remote, navigate up or down ng
          8. the arrow buttons on your remote until  you have highlighted 'Receiver 1' and press the SELECT button on your  remote
          9. Select Continue
          10. Make sure your remote can't send a  signal to the TV or DVR (I put mine directly behind a pillow)
          11. Press the MUTE button (the one above the 1 button) and the SELECT button  until the LED underneath the Directv slider icon on your remote flashes twice
          12. Type 00001 on your remote
          13. Press the SELECT button  on your remote
          14. Point your remote back at the DVR and select Done
          15. Press the EXIT button on your remote

(and please refrain from typing in all CAPS it gives the impression that you're yelling.)