4 Replies Latest reply: Nov 16, 2015 9:23 AM by RSS

SLINGBOX on Smart TVs?

tdrobinso11
    Visibility: Open to anyone

Just purchased Samsung 6350 Smart TV with web browser. When I connect to Slingbox.com to watch, it says the OS is not supported. What can I do to beef-up the processor short of simply connecting it to a tablet or laptop?

• Re: SLINGBOX on Smart TVs?
          JohnKeller Newbie

Hello Terrie,

To view your Slingbox through your Smart TV, you will definitely need some sort of connected device to launch the SlingPlayer app.  The watch function on the website does not typically work directly through the browser on the TV.  The good news is that what you need to make your configuration work is not as cumbersome (or expensive) as a tablet or laptop.  I would recommend an Amazon FireTV.  This product easily functions with your Smart TV and the Slingbox, and is pretty inexpensive.  With the Amazon FireTV, you will need to download the SlingPlayer application, but that's a really simple step.  Once the app is on either your FireTV, as long as your Slingbox is all set up and properly configured, simply log into your Slingbox account and enjoy streaming your video content.

As you might expect, the Amazon FireTv is available on Amazon's website, but I believe it can be purchased at Best Buy.

Hope this information helps! 

-John

tdrobinso11

Thank you so much, John. I was wondering about that and you answered my question. I'm off to purchase an Amazon Fire TV (was leaning in that direction anyway as I have Amazon Prime).

Regards,

Terrie

JohnKeller Newbie

Hi Terrie,

It's no trouble at all.  I'm happy I was able to assist you.  Truthfully (as an Amazon Prime user, myself), I also own a Amazon Fire TV, and I love it.  Works great with my Slingbox, and of course, it is great for accessing my Amazon Prime video account.  Enjoy your Slingbox and Fire TV!

-John

Hi

Since you guys obviously work with slingbox and amazon firetv as connected device I have a question. When I try to load slingplayer in firetv it just goes into a loop and never finnish loading. Any good ideas????

Regards

Jan