Well, after days of troubleshooting (I never give up) removing, reinstalling updates, flash, AV, audio and countless system restores, I decided to debug my firefox session using Windows debugger. So I attached to the firefox session, then tried to open sling through the browser, as I watched, I noticed that it crapped out at the "creating virtual audio" something or another in the debugger. My computer has a FireWire audio interface which was off, and an onboard interface which was disabled. I immediatly enabled the onboard audio, and whatta you know. Sling worked in the browser.
So I reinstalled the slingplayer and hey - whatta ya know. It worked. I think I originally came across the problem when I just popped on slingplayer just to check a score or something, didn't need the audio.
The Fix - Have audio enabled.
Thanks for trying to help!!!!