3 Replies Latest reply: Jan 30, 2015 1:02 PM by lgins25 RSS

PC says 'Can't find Slingbox'

lgins25

Software can't find my slingbox -- Power and Network lights are on. TV connected to set top box via Coax (not HDMI or Component Cables). Any ideas?

• Re: PC says 'Can't find Slingbox'
          brittany.sling Newbie

Igins25,

In order for us to help with your current situation can you tell us what Slingbox you are attempting to setup and what software are you using?

In addition to that, how is your Slingbox connected to the set top box?

Brittany

lgins25

I am setting up a Slingbox 350.  I have plugged in all the cables per the

instructions and going to my PC via www.slingbox.com/setup and selecting

the Slingbox 350 icon and that is where it stops as it says that it can't

find the Slingbox.  The network light is on... I have plugged in a Mobile

PC to this connection and it works just fine. I even moved it to another

set top box in the house and it cannot find the slingbox either.

I've also tried to turn off my antivirus and Firewall software and that has

no effect either

MY ISP is A T & T U-verse........

Thanks for any help you can provide...

On Fri, Jan 30, 2015 at 3:05 PM, brittany.sling <answers@slingmedia.com>

lgins25

Sorry for the second e-mail.  Sling box is attached to the set-top box via

Component cables.  The first set up has the TV connection via Coax cables

while the second one I tried is connected via HDMI connection.  Thanks again

On Fri, Jan 30, 2015 at 3:05 PM, brittany.sling <answers@slingmedia.com>