13 Replies Latest reply: Jul 2, 2010 12:28 PM by eferz RSS

Sling box sole

simitamo

Hello,

I set the sling box in Japan that I bought in UK.

However the LED of ethernet could not be bright.

In fact, I bouth 2 sling boxes from UK because first one was broken by power suppy on board.

But two new sling box are the same situation.

Please advaice me.

Best regards,
      Minoshima

• Re: Sling box sole
          eferz Expert

A dim network light is typically indicative of a malfunctioning AC adapater.  Are you sure that the AC adapter is using the proper volatage of the main power line in the UK?

simitamo

Thank you for your reply.

I am using US model's AC adaptor.

Because, the first one came from US.

As you know that Japan is 100v like US.

Therefore, you mean that I cannot use UK model with US AC adaptor?

eferz Expert

maybe.  I don't understand.

simitamo

Hello,

I think this problem come from first setting.

Currently, when we use Sling box, we have to register ID on web site.

Do you have any hint?

eferz Expert

It's asking for the Slingbox ID or Slingbox Finder ID.  Its like an electronic serial number store on your Slingbox.  If the Slingplayer's Setup Assistant is able to detect your Slingbox on the same network then that information is automatically propaged.

I'm guessing your Slingplayer isn't able to find your Slingbox on the local network for some reason.  Probably the best thing you can do is look up your active DHCP leases to figure out which IP address is assigned to your Slingbox.  Then you'll be able to add the Slingbox into the directory via direct IP address.  That should allow you to be able to configure your Slingbox.

simitamo

Thank you for your feedback.

First, where should I check to find out Slingbox ID and Slingbox finder ID.

My sling can not contact my local network, I think.

(Another slingbox that I bought from US can contact local network)

Even if LED of ethernet does not be bright, can I contact network??

Are there the difference between US model and UL model?

Only adaptor?

I will try to connect it in my friend's house.

Regards,

eferz Expert

simitamo wrote:

Thank you for your feedback.

First, where should I check to find out Slingbox ID and Slingbox finder ID.

My sling can not contact my local network, I think.

(Another slingbox that I bought from US can contact local network)

Even if LED of ethernet does not be bright, can I contact network??

Are there the difference between US model and UL model?

Only adaptor?

I will try to connect it in my friend's house.

Regards,

You cannot obtain the Slingbox (Finder) ID without network connectivity.

A dim network light means there's not enough power going through the ethernet circuity to establish a connection.  This is typically indicative of a malfunctioning power adapter.

What is UL model?

simitamo

I would like to explain my situation more and again.

I have 4 slingboxs now.

Two are from US. These are old. but one of them was broken,(I don't know the reason.)

One is moving.

So, I bough 3rd slingbox from UK but I could not connect to ethernet.

Then, I bough 4th slingbox from UK again.

However, both UK model could not connect.

As for the symptom, the Ethernet LED does not shine clearly.

In Japan can not use UK model's power adaptor because of the difference of these conector forms.

Then, I connect UK model's main unit with US model's power adaptor.

Power LED shines clealy.

As your specisications,  cannot we connect UK model and UK main and US adaptor?

Best regards,

Minoshima

eferz Expert

I honestly have never seen a UK Slingbox, so I wouldn't know.  However, every electronic device that uses an AC adapter is required to have a label which indicates its power configuration for the electric input.  The same goes for the AC adapter and the electric output.  You should compare the two and make sure that the configuration matches.

From this website (http://www.slingbox.com/go/buy-replacement-parts), it appears not all the AC adapters are the same across the different models of the Slingbox.  So, it is possible that the AC adapter you are using isn't compatible because it was meant for a specific model of the Slingbox.

simitamo

Hello,

UK model means that I bougt it from UK only.

I noticed there are the difference between Europe specification and US specificaiton on sling?

TV specification is defference on them it is PAL and NTSC.

Sling has the deffence specification for US and for Europe?

eferz Expert

simitamo wrote:

Hello,

UK model means that I bougt it from UK only.

I meant that I haven't seen the AC Adapter specification on label of any of  the Slingboxes from the UK.  That is the ONLY way to tell if the AC  adapters are compatible.

I noticed there are the difference between Europe specification and US specificaiton on sling?

TV specification is defference on them it is PAL and NTSC.

Sling has the deffence specification for US and for Europe?

Each country maintains their own broadcast standard (http://www.world-import.com/the_chart.htm).  Most likely each Slingbox sold in specific regions of the world will have a slight variance to support the local standard.  As I understand both Europe and UK uses PAL, whereas NTSC is used by Japan and US.

By the way, you have not been specific which Slingbox you have.  Which Slingboxes do you own, and from what country each of them from?

• Slingbox Classic
                                                  • Slingbox Tuner
                                                  • Slingbox AV
                                                  • Slingbox Pro
                                                  • Slingbox Solo
                                                  • Slingbox Pro-HD
                                                  • SlingCatcher
                                                      simitamo

Hello

I could connect the ethernet!

I connected two SlingBox solos to ethernet via hub(One is old slingboxsolo which is from US, second is new which is from UK)

But when I remove old one from Hub, new one could connect ethernet..

However New problem occurred.

New one does not have my HDD recorder's name on sling box dictionary...

Then I can not control my HDD recorder via SlingBoc solo

Could I write over new one from old one or from web?

Best regards,