1 Reply Latest reply: Jan 26, 2015 3:19 PM by Samantha.Sling RSS

How do I know when it's time to replace my Slingbox?

paulfisheriii
    Visibility: Open to anyone

I have an Pro HD.  Every so often when I'm using it via my laptop the screen goes pitch black with no sound for an indeterminate period of time.  I'll shut it down and then a few hours or days later I'll try again and it will work fine.  I've had it for several years and got good use out of it.  Do you think this is the hardware becoming faulty, or is this a setup/ software issue?  No settings have been changed recently.  All updates have been installed.

Input from the community would be greatly appreciated! 

• Re: How do I know when it's time to replace my Slingbox?
          Samantha.Sling Apprentice

Hello Paul,

Thank you for visiting our Community.

With something like this, it is really 100% up to you, as this depends on your personal needs.

In this day and age, technology seems to change every other day, but from what you're saying, it sounds like you've got a well-loved piece of technology that is getting to it's limit. If you've had this in a cabinet or something, it's possible that it may have over heated in the past as well, but that is all situation-based.

If you do choose to upgrade to a new unit, you would get a discount for being an existing customer though, through our Upgrade Program.

Whatever decision you make, I hope you have a wonderful day!!!

Best Regards,

Samantha

Sling Media Moderation Team