15 Replies Latest reply: Aug 29, 2010 3:39 PM by eferz RSS

SlingPlayer keeps crashing

rbienstock

I'm running the current version of SlingPlayer for Mac on a MacBook Pro running the latest version of Snow Leopard (10.6.4). The SlingPlayer has worked fine for a long time, but has recently developed problems since the upgrade of OSX to 10.6.4.  Here's what happens: If I run the player full screen with the cursor on the screen area (which causes the remote to disappear), if I move the cursor, the entire system locks up. Some times I get a beachball, some times I don't, but in any event, everything is locked up, and the system doesn't respong to any keypresses, so I can't even do a command-option-escape to force quit the player. The only option is a reboot. And sometimes the player does this even if I don't move the cursor. If, instead, I keep the cursor located over the remote (which keeps the remote always visible), the player again spontaneously crashes after 10-15 minutes of use, but, fortunately, only the player crashes and it doesn't take the entire system down. Also, after either one of these crashes, the player acts very strangely when it starts up again: I get audio but no video. To get video, I have to switch to full screen mode. If I then switch from full screen mode to windowed mode, a video window does appear, but it is postage stamp size in the lower left hand corner of the screen and mostly hidden behind the dock. I can drag this window to the center of the screen and resize it, but even if I quit the player at this point before a crash (which I would expect to restore the same window on a restart), I get the same behavior on a restart. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling the player, but this doesn't help. Any ideas?