3 Replies Latest reply: Jun 27, 2010 6:20 PM by eferz RSS

Cannot connect to local network

surfsd

Brand new out of the box slingbox Solo and cannot get connection to local network. DHCP is disabled on the router. How does one manually configure an IP address on the NIC of the slingbox? All the discussions and support links point to using the browser based admin/setup tool. But that assumes that the device is viewable on the local network. I assume their is no interface to log into to the device locally to configure a NIC...

Any ideas before I revert to the baseball bat?

• Re: Cannot connect to local network
          eferz Expert

surfsd wrote:

Brand new out of the box slingbox Solo and cannot get connection to local network. DHCP is disabled on the router. How does one manually configure an IP address on the NIC of the slingbox? All the discussions and support links point to using the browser based admin/setup tool. But that assumes that the device is viewable on the local network. I assume their is no interface to log into to the device locally to configure a NIC...

Any ideas before I revert to the baseball bat?

You'll need to enable DHCP for a bit, so that the Slingbox can grab a dynamic IP address.  Once it has an DHCP address, you can configure your Slingbox with Slingplayer Desktop's Setup Assistant to use a static IP address.  Afterwards, you can shut off your DHCP server again.