I support the need for improving the SlingPlayer for Fire TV.
I bought the Fire TV Stick hoping it would be better than the player for the old WD Streaming Media Box, but alas it is still quite cumbersome to use :-(
Could you consider making a default menu with the very basic commands for operating the Slingplayer (from the Fire TV remote ≡ menu)
- I need to be able to turn on/off the attached tuner (from the MISC menu)
- Select between channels (by numbers followed by pressing the remote OK-button (in the center of the navigation circle)
- Cancel/Exit (and OK if not possible to use the remote OK-button)
- Change the quality
- Change between composite/component
- See the current bitrates/resolution info - this is currently strangely intermixed with the setttings menu: Sometimes the Settings-menu pops up, sometimes the bitrate/resolution info, and sometimes both.
Alternatively it would be nice to be able to program a Logitech Harmony remote with the above, I believe it is difficult now when the default location in the ≡ menu changes during use