3 Replies Latest reply: Jan 24, 2015 1:49 PM by ACC5961813 RSS

Connection Error / Availability

eluna3
    Visibility: Open to anyone

I am having problems connecting to my sling box back in the states.  I have attached the screen shot to show the error message. I have confirmed with my family back in the states that the sling box is connected correctly. Any suggestions how to proceed in getting this corrected? 

Many Thanks,

E

• Re: Connection Error / Availability
          ACC5961813 Newbie
          Same issue here, different iPad error message... " configuration loading failed" Reinstalled App on iPad with no change, while the App on my iPhone connects.   Had no issue on iPad until the Jan5 auto update - have not been able to connect iPad since. I sense this may be a bad update...  have no idea who to contact For assist - CHAT function not working from China on website.
            • Re: Connection Error / Availability
              ACC5961813 Newbie
              UPDATE: Spoke with Matthew at SlingMedia.  Case #933474 Verified all updates were current for iPad and Slingbox App Deleted and reinstalled App, no change. Matt could access my account using his iPad mini (his equipment specifics unknown). Matt suggested purchasing new App for iPhone to install (only difference being remote features), and he promoted my scenario to the SlingMedia troubleshooting area. Spent $14.99 and installed App, works fine. The fact that I can install a different App and it works flawlessly proves there is an App issue. It cost me multiple hours time of troubleshooting, 1 hour of international phone charges to Asia, and $15 to repurchase an App I already paid for before.  Why should I bear the cost of SlingMedia's issues ?    Customer client relationship feels disjointed.... Waiting to see if anyone contacts me as promised, and makes me whole on my financial investment in their problem.   Stay tuned. Don