1 Reply Latest reply: Jun 27, 2010 1:12 PM by eferz RSS

Question about having 2 Cable Boxes hooked up

pdconner

Ok so to explain alittle.. I have the new HD Pro Slingbox and I hooked it up to my first cablebox *DCX3400 and it works GREAT.. I know you can hook up 3 more things so I wanted to hook it up to my other cablebox in the same room (another DCX3200) so that if one was recording or not I could turn it on and record something if the other one wasnt. I did this (at least I think I added it) and now when I turn on one they both turn on.. And when I change the channel they both change the channel. This isnt good lol. I need them to be totally seperate. I moved them away from each other and they still do the same. so my question is..

How do I hook up 2 (of the same) to make them work. I thought when I signed in to slinbox from whereever.. I would see 2 units and be able to select which one I wanted and work off that one and the other woudl stay off (since it is using a different IR sensor) but I guess you cant tell the slingbox which IR goes with what input..

I am running one off the composite and one off the svideo..

Can anyone help..

Patrick Conner

• Re: Question about having 2 Cable Boxes hooked up
          eferz Expert

The IR Blaster for your Slingbox will broadcast the same signal on all three of its leads.  So, there's no way to physcially seperate them.  However, some set-top boxes allow you to setup an address for the set-top box and the remote.  This will allow multiple set-top boxes in the same area to only respond to a remote with the same address.  I'm afraid this is the only way you could put the same boxes on one Slingbox and control them seperately.  So, if your set-top box doesn't offer this ability then you'll probably need to get a seperate Sligbox.