10 Replies Latest reply: Jan 17, 2015 1:11 PM by alanrichey42 RSS

remote for Strong SRT8410

michael@parbst.dk
    Visibility: Open to anyone

I just bought a Singbox350 but I cannot find the right remote for my "Strong SRT8410" TV box.

Can anybody help me ?

• Re: remote for Strong SRT8410
          alanrichey42 Master

I assume you have already done a proper Forum Search for your model number in case other people have already answered your question ?

If so and that didn't help then check out this thread:  https://community.sling.com/message/10363#10363

Come back if it that doesn't help either.

Al

michael@parbst.dk

Hello

Yes I believe I have looked at the forum without finding what I need.

- I have checked the Slingbox's IR system via the camera on my mobil phone and it works.

- I did find the Bin files here: http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=category&cat_id=87

But it seems that the bin files only work for the old system, where I had a separate program for the Slingbox, with the new Slingbox 350 I use the browser (firefox). I tried uploading the Bin files via the browser but still it did not work.

I hope that you can help me.

alanrichey42 Master

No, the BIN files are fine it is just the installation instructions that are out-of-date.   Use http://placeshiftingenthusiasts.com/how-to-install-a-custom-remote-onto-the-slingbox/

michael@parbst.dk

OK - I will try this tonight. Thank you for your help.

michael@parbst.dk

Unfortunately it still does not work, I have followed the instruction but the remote does not work.

I have tried changing the "device type" to both "cable tv", "satellite" and "miscellaneous".

I tried using both RV and PL of the bin files.

I tried using bin files from a different model

I have used the IR directly from the Slingbox and also from the external IR system. 

The resultant is all the same: The box is getting a signal but the picture only freeze for ½ second but it does not change the TV-canal.

Any other input ?

Your help is highly appropriated.  

alanrichey42 Master

You seem to have ignored the instructions ?

Unfortunately it still does not work,

Quote:

If you have any problems installing these files please do NOT just report back it ‘doesn’t work’, that is totally useless for someone trying to understand what is going on.  So please report.....

Where is the report ?

I have tried changing the "device type" to both "cable tv", "satellite" and "miscellaneous". 

Quote:

This is NOT the type of device you are installing.  To get the right one, look at the BIN file code.  If it starts with an ‘S’ select Satellite, if it starts with a ‘C’ select Cable TV Box and if it starts with a ‘V’ select PVR.  NEVER select DVD, even if you have a DVD as this will result in a very poor Remote image. And NEVER select Miscellaneous as that contains a bug which disables the colour buttons.

Care to try again ?

michael@parbst.dk

Yes I do care to try again. And I am sorry for my poor English. (in the last sentence, I of course do not mean "appropriated" but I mean "appreciated")

My report is: that my TV box is getting the signal via the IR, but it clearly does not understand it. When I push a bottom to change the canal (for example "3" to go to canal 3) the picture only freeze for ½ second and then continue on the same canal, it does not go to canal 3.

My description above, was only to tell that tried all other options (that I could think of)....

alanrichey42 Master

Michael Parbst wrote:

Yes I do care to try again. And I am sorry for my poor English. (in the last sentence, I of course do not mean "appropriated" but I mean "appreciated")

My report is: that my TV box is getting the signal via the IR, but it clearly does not understand it. When I push a bottom to change the canal (for example "3" to go to canal 3) the picture only freeze for ½ second and then continue on the same canal, it does not go to canal 3.

My description above, was only to tell that tried all other options (that I could think of)....

OK, I look forward to the answers to the 8 questions.

My report is: that my TV box is getting the signal via the IR, but it clearly does not understand it. When I push a bottom to change the canal (for example "3" to go to canal 3) the picture only freeze for ½ second and then continue on the same canal, it does not go to canal 3. ..

That is Irrelevant.  The pause is simply Slingplayer stopping for a second to send the IR command.   That will happen regardless of the remote installed.

Al