10 Replies Latest reply: Jan 30, 2015 10:50 AM by ACC6319890 RSS

Android app crash

hkyman16
    Visibility: Open to anyone

My SlingPlayer app for Android crashes after about 10 seconds of streaming perfectly. I get 'unfortunately SlingPlayer has stopped working'  - while the stream continues in the background for another 5 seconds then the screen goes dark but the audio continues until I select 'Ok' or 'Report'. I have the Slingbox Pro HD. I've duplicated this exact same error on my Nexus 7 ( Android 5.0.1 Lollipop - on wifi) and on my Moto X (Android 4.4.4 on LTE). Everything is updated on these devices and the SlingPlayer works fine on my desktop PC (wired). It is worth mentioning that I've changed the default port that the Slingbox is on to port 5209 and I have port forwarding configured properly on my router. I had to change the port because I have DiskStation running on the network using port 5001. I'm not sure if the port number change is what is causing this crash (this would seem like an unlikely issue). I've also uninstalled and reinstalled the app as well as rebooted the devices and still receive the same error message. Can anyone duplicate this issue? Please help. Thank you!

**** EDIT ***** - Looks like everyone on Android is experiencing this issue. Seems to be either a backend issue on the App or on a Slingbox service.