3 Replies Latest reply: Oct 3, 2016 7:56 PM by gjimmyj RSS

TV Turning on

paulclap
    Visibility: Open to anyone

Have a 500 and if the TV and directtv box are off and I sling in, it actually turns on the TV.  How can I stop this from happening?  I don't need my TV on all day if I sling in for something at work.

• Re: TV Turning on
          ferguspa Apprentice

How is your setup wired?  Is there HDMI between the cable/satellite box and the TV?  If so, look into disabling Consumer Electronics Control (CEC) on the cable/satellite box or the TV. However note that different TV manufacturers call "CEC" different things:

"Trade names for CEC are Anynet+ (Samsung), Aquos Link (Sharp), BRAVIA Link and BRAVIA Sync (Sony), HDMI-CEC (Hitachi), E-link (AOC), Kuro Link (Pioneer), CE-Link and Regza Link (Toshiba), RIHD (Remote Interactive over HDMI) (Onkyo), RuncoLink (Runco International), SimpLink (LG), T-Link (ITT), HDAVI Control, EZ-Sync, VIERA Link (Panasonic), EasyLink (Philips), and NetCommand for HDMI (Mitsubishi)."

From the CEC section in Wikipedia's article about HDMI.

ferguspa Apprentice

Hey Matt.Sling, could Sling Inc. make a knowledgebase article about this?  The question seems to come up at least once a week.

gjimmyj

I've got the same problem.  does anyone know if the CEC-disable thing actually works?