2 Replies Latest reply: May 5, 2015 3:45 AM by msalony101 Branched to a new discussion. RSS

Slingbox Pro HD dead?

edkao

Hi,

I could not connect to my Slingbox Pro HD today, it was working fine yesterday.

I tried resetting the Slingbox, but press and hold the reset button does nothing, none of the lights on the front of the Slingbox cycle.

Unplugging the power cord does not help. Still not able to access the Slingbox.

Anyone know what else I should try?

Thanks in advance.

Ed

• Re: Slingbox Pro HD dead?
          HT1977 Newbie

You say "one of the lights on the front of the Slingbox cycle."  Do they come on at all? ... or is it just the reset button, when pushed, the LEDs don't cycle?

Clear the slingbox from the router and see if it will connect to the router.

If the reset button is non-responsive, it sounds like the internal electronics.

msalony101

Doesnt sound good

How long you have it?

lorrod

Hi, sorry to jump in but I just re hooked up my slingbox hd and the logo and power light are blinking slowly and a reset doesn't work.  tried plugging into the wall also.....Help Please Somebody!

I hope this doesn't mean that it is dead....always worked fine.

msalony101

Is it brand new?

or

How old is it?

or

Hooking up after a while off?

While powered up ..hold the reset button for more than 30 seconds...

Disconnect power for a minute or two

Reconnect power.....

You have reset it back to factory and need to run set-up again and connect it to your network using SlingPlayer

Good Luck