5 Replies Latest reply: Jul 16, 2010 12:05 PM by eferz RSS

SlingPlayer will not run on my HTC Tattoo

johnson62

I downloaded and installed the SlingPlayer app to my HTC Tattoo. SlingPlayer starts, I see my Slingboxes and I connect to the Slingbox Digital Tuner.

After connecting, no audio and the video screen has an error message, "Weak or no video signal".  I know that the Slingbox Digital tuner is operating OK.

I can connect to it from my PC with no issue. Since there is only a 24 hour window for a refund, I uninstalled the app. Any suggestions to get SlingPlayer functional on the HTC Tattoo?

• Re: SlingPlayer will not run on my HTC Tattoo
          eferz Expert

That message is indicative that the Slingbox isn't actually getting a video signal.  You might want to double check the output of the set-top box.  Make sure it is plugged in and all that.  A test that you can try is to load it Slingplayer Desktop on your PC watch a show then steal your session from the Mobile client.

Beside that, just make sure your TCP and UDP ports are fowarded for your Slingbox's private IP address in your router's firewall settings.

johnson62

Thanks for responding. I have no issue with my video connections or networking as

I have two other mobile devices that can access the Slingbox Digital Tuner, (Palm device and an iPod Touch) just fine.

I am now sure that this is an issue with Android SlingPlayer and the HTC Tattoo.

eferz Expert

You may be right.  Since your phone isn't listed as one of the supported devices for Slingplayer Mobile. (http://www.slingmedia.com/go/slingplayer-mobile).  However, just make sure that you have both TCP and UDP ports fowarded.  I can't tell you how many people I've helped who had one device that worked and another device that didn't.  Only because they only had one or the other transport protocols port fowarded.

Oh!  And, also that make sure that you're toggled to the proper video input (composite, S-Video, component, or ANT IN).

johnson62

The SlingPlayer will not run on my HTC Tattoo issue is finally resolved!

Even though I could access my slingboxes using my computer and other mobile devices, the resolution to the problem, was to run the Slingbox set-up to scan for television channels then run the router configuration wizard. After these two steps were completed, the SlingPlayer runs on my HTC Tattoo!