0 Replies Latest reply: Jan 3, 2015 1:18 PM by jeffinnis RSS

I'm pretty done with Sling now.

jeffinnis
    Visibility: Open to anyone

Between the repeated dropping of an excellent network connection, making it useless to me while travelling, and now to it asking me to "Activate the Firefox SlingPlayer Web Plug-in" in spite of the fact that this plugin is already active in Firefox.  This product, which I once loved, is now more trouble than it's worth, and I'll just use Hola and Netflix and the myriad of other streaming options available.  I really don't even have time for this post, like most of you I am busy and value my time and just want things to work the way they're supposed to.  I'd call Sling and tell them this but..... "You can call us at 1-800-313-4274 for help, but there is a cost of $29.99 for the incident" so that's not going to happen.  In fairness and for full disclosure, when I did have a problem in the past Sling was very good to deal with, and they resolved my issue quickly (bad power supply) and at no cost.  But over time I have become disenchanted with this device.

I had considered replacing my box with the latest generation, but I expect I'll only have similar problems, so it'll become a doorstop when I get home.

Thanks for listening to my rant.