8 Replies Latest reply: Jan 4, 2015 8:29 AM by mwinch RSS

BT YouView Humax H3 box

mwinch
    Visibility: Open to anyone

I am currently having to use the remote control for the Humax DTR-T2100, but this is not the correct one.  BT's YouView box for BT Sport etc is Humax H3.

Any possibility of getting the right remote control?  Would have thought being BT there would be more than a few of us users.

Thanks

Mike

• Re: BT YouView Humax H3 box
          sakisson Novice

Just search Humax DTr-T1000 from the supported sling list

alanrichey42 Master

Please report back if that does/does not work, for the benefit of other users.

I can not report back as for some reason I can not get the slingbox web-site to allow me to configure the input or even load any remote control. I have tried resetting my slingbox even.  www.newwatch.slingbox.com seems to be down on both 'Internet Explorer' and 'Chrome', or at least it is for me...anybody else having problems today?

alanrichey42 Master

newwatch seems OK, but setup.slingbox.com is definitely not working.   Hopefully the moderators are getting it fixed.

mwinch

Thanks Alan, just knowing it’s not my system makes me feel better, especially as I could see the the slingbox itself was all OK…it was starting to drive me mad. I will keep trying and respond to the forum once I have looked at the remote for DTR-T1000.

mwinch

Hi, the system is up and running again.  I have been using the Humax DTR-T1000 to date, but this is not actually the correct remote control.  It'll do!

alanrichey42 Master

OK, you have to understand that the remote you load and the image you see are not related in any way.    Sling will have produced a remote control that works for both those boxes, and probably a few more as well.    That is a separate file, known as a BIN file, and you saw the message "Downloading IR Binary file".   They then make a decision as to which image they will link it to, which could be one of many.  Unfortunately not the one you want.  That is downloaded when you see the message "Downloading Remote Image".

I can possibly build you a Custom Remote that looks correct, ONLY if Sling have already designed the image.   So if you can find the correct image by loading another device, even if it doesn't work then I can help.  Maybe by searching for BT devices rather than Humax when you look for the device.

In previous versions Sling had the option to design your own remote image, but they removed that option a couple of years ago.  I have been nagging them to reinstate it, so far with no luck.