8 Replies Latest reply: Jan 17, 2016 12:27 AM by alanrichey42 RSS

My TV input box is a Scientific Atlanta Explorer 4250HD . What is the equivalent ?

mmaille
    Visibility: Open to anyone

My new Slingbox 500 works ok but no sound . I think it is due to my Scientific Atlanta Explorer 4250HD which does not appear on the list .

I used the option Scientific Atlanta Explorer 4200HD , good image but no sound and the remote is not similar to mine . Any idea which other TV box in the list I should use ?

• Re: My TV input box is a Scientific Atlanta Explorer 4250HD . What is the equivalent ?
          alanrichey42 Master

1.  Your sound problem is totally unconnected to the remote issue.  How do you have the system wired up ?

2.  Also the image is irrelevant,  is the functionality correct ?

3.  If you insist on the correct image have you done a search on your TV provider rather than Scientific Atlanta. ?

• Re: My TV input box is a Scientific Atlanta Explorer 4250HD . What is the equivalent ?
              mmaille

As the sound is ok on my TV , I though that all wiring had to be ok considering the signal to the TV comes through the Slingbox .

The TV provider is the right one , same as my neighbor whose Slingbox works fine through the same provider but different TV box .

What do you mean by " functionnality " ? How do I check ? What do I do if not correct ?

Le 2014-12-31 à 07:34, alanrichey42 <answers@slingmedia.com> a écrit :

My TV input box is a Scientific Atlanta Explorer 4250HD . What is the equivalent ?

reply from alanrichey42 in Michel Maille - View the full discussion

1.  Your sound problem is totally unconnected to the remote issue.  How do you have the system wired up ?

2.  Also the image is irrelevant,  is the functionality correct ?

3.  If you insist on the correct image have you done a search on your TV provider rather than Scientific Atlanta. ?

Reply to this message by replying to this email, or go to the message on Slingbox Answers Forum

Start a new discussion in Michel Maille by email or at Slingbox Answers Forum

Following My TV input box is a Scientific Atlanta Explorer 4250HD . What is the equivalent ? in these streams: Inbox

alanrichey42 Master

As the sound is ok on my TV , I though that all wiring had to be ok considering the signal to the TV comes through the Slingbox .

Until you answer my question, properly I cannot help.  How EXACTLY is your system wired up ?

The TV provider is the right one , same as my neighbor whose Slingbox works fine through the same provider but different TV box .

I am saying that when you setup the Input and were asked to select your device, did you select the Scientfic Atlanta box or did you search by TV Provider ?   (And who is it ?)

What do you mean by " functionnality " ? How do I check ? What do I do if not correct ?

Does the remote you have selected (ignoring the image) actually operate your box ?

mmaille

Thanks for your quick reply Alan.

I will check everything as soon as I can and will come back to you .

In the meantime ,  all the best for the New Year !

Le 2014-12-31 à 09:49, alanrichey42 <answers@slingmedia.com> a écrit :

Until you answer my question, properly I cannot help.  How EXACTLY is your system wired up ?

I am saying that when you setup the Input and were asked to select your device, did you select the Scientfic Atlanta box or did you search by TV Provider ?   (And who is it ?)

Does the remote you have selected (ignoring the image) actually operate your box ?

Reply to this message by replying to this email, or go to the message on Slingbox Answers Forum

Following My TV input box is a Scientific Atlanta Explorer 4250HD . What is the equivalent ? in these streams: Inbox

mmaille

Hi Alan

As expected , you were right .

The problem was with the wiring and is now fixed.

Thanks a lot for your coaching !

Le 2014-12-31 à 09:49, alanrichey42 <answers@slingmedia.com> a écrit :