- Loss of connection when using Chromecast from iPad or iPhone sling player app.
- Connection fails while trying to connect on the slingbox, it says something like 'check your internet connection'
- The Slingbox was working on the iPad
- 4:3 aspect ratio while streaming Sky+ HD using chromecast
- When trying to stream with WD Play, the connection cuts out after 2-4min of streaming
- Connection of the slingbox to my network when using Apple Airport Extreme, connected to BT-home hub 5 (port forwarding?)
- Apple TV streaming quality was low (I returned the Apple TV due to this, so can't tell what it is like now)
- Use Chromecast. I have tried Apple TV and WD Play to display my slingbox stream on my TV.
- I think WD Play works now after sorting the port forwarding, but it is a complicated interface.
- Stream in HD, and not SD from the Sky+ HD box. Streaming in SD from the SCART port on the back of the box will result in a 4:3 picture, which can only be fixed on a limited number of TVs
- To do this, buy:
- A HDMI splitter (http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00A8FIQXA?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00)
- A HDMI to component converter (Portta HDMI to YPbPr Component RGB 1080i Video Converter: Amazon.co.uk: Computers & Accessories)
- 2X HDMI cables (http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00CEVEQNK?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s02)
- 1X Component cable (Belkin 2m 3x RCA Male/ Male Component Cable Gold Plated - Black: Amazon.co.uk: Computers & Accessories)
- Set up Sky+HD HDMI Out --> HDMI Splitter (one to the TV, one to converter) --> HDMI>Component converter --> Slingbox
- To do this, buy:
- Set up port forwarding:
- I needed to set up port forwarding to solve my problems
- My Setup: BT Home Hub 5 --> Apple Airport Extreme --> (via HomePlugs) Slingbox 300
- I needed to specifically change the port forwarding on the BT home hub 5
- Under advanced settings on the router (go to your router's IP address: 192.168.1.254)
- Set up a new Game/Application (call it slingbox)
- Set up forwarding for ports 5001 and 5201 for both types of forwarding.
- In the network settings set the Airport Extreme to a fixed IP address.
- You can then Set the port forwarding to the "slingbox" forwards you created, to go to the Airport extreme
- I DID NOT need to turn DMZ on, OR change the Firewall settings.
- I then assigned my slingbox a fixed IP on the Airport Extreme, but did not set up port forwarding here.
Everything seems to work fine now, except sometimes casting from my iPad doesn't work, but my iPhone works (which is all I need).
Hope this is useful.