3 Replies Latest reply: Dec 27, 2014 7:07 PM by alanrichey42 RSS

remote control for Shaw

iogdens
    Visibility: Open to anyone

I am looking for a remote control for my Shaw Motorola DCX3400M PVR cable box. The one that downloads for that model number is a Comcast unit. The unit has basically the same functions but buttons are in a different layout. The service support team suggested that I post here and request that a remote be created. Thanks in advance for looking after this.

• Re: remote control for Shaw
          alanrichey42 Master

I might be able to help, but only if Sling have actually designed an image for the Shaw remote.   Do ANY of the Shaw options display the correct image, even if they don't operate correctly ?

And is just that you have a different image, or are there any functionality issues ?

BTW I hope you did a Forum Search before posting this ?  There are lots of threads concerning Shaw Remotes.

iogdens

I checked the other Shaw options but could not find the corresponding remote. I also checked on the Forum and couldn't find anything about it. The service technician also looked but could not find the correct remote and suggested that I request the correct one.

The Comcast one that I have seems to have all the same functions in a different layout than the actual remote. Having the exact remote would be very helpful.

Thanks for your help with this!

alanrichey42 Master

OK, I can't speak for Sling but I would hazard a guess you will never get this.  Their priority, with good reason, is the correct functionality, a realistic on-screen image comes a long way down the priority list.  In fact most remotes use the default image, it is only the most popular boxes that get the realistic image.