1 Reply Latest reply: Dec 24, 2014 1:10 PM by alanrichey42 RSS

Questions from prospective buyer

wco81
    Visibility: Open to anyone

Looking at either an M1 or the 350 which seems to be available at some stores.

As I understand it, only the M1 supports the Desktop client for PC or Mac?

Does the client support recording of streams to the hard drive of the PC or Mac for offline viewing later?  Or do the models which only stream through the web browser allow saving of streams to the HDD?

How does the infrared work with Tivo Roamios which are using the RF for remote control?

Would I need to switch the Tivo to use infrared instead?

• Re: Questions from prospective buyer
          alanrichey42 Master

As I understand it, only the M1 supports the Desktop client for PC or Mac?

It's the other way around.   ALL the Slingboxes, including the 350, can be viewed on any player, including all the browsers.   For some reason Sling have made the M1 incompatible with everything on the PC so you are forced to use the Desktop standalone client.

Does the client support recording of streams to the hard drive of the PC or Mac for offline viewing later?  Or do the models which only stream through the web browser allow saving of streams to the HDD?

Nothing in the Slingbox system supports recording.  It is assumed you do that on your Tivo.

How does the infrared work with Tivo Roamios which are using the RF for remote control?

Would I need to switch the Tivo to use infrared instead?

Yes, the Slingbox supports ONLY IR.   Sling don't support the Roamio yet but I built a Custom Remote for it at

Tivo Roamio and remote issues

In fact, did you not do a Forum Search for 'Roamio' before posting ?