9 Replies Latest reply: Nov 28, 2014 10:44 AM by ACC3212119 RSS

VIRTUAL REMOTE

ACC3212119 Newbie
    Visibility: Open to anyone

Need a virtual remote for Motorola DCX700-M please.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

• Re: VIRTUAL REMOTE
          alanrichey42 Master

I assume you have already done a proper Forum Search for your model number in case other people have already answered your question ?

If so and that didn't help then check out this thread:  http://answers.slingbox.com/thread/3300?tstart=0

Come back if it that doesn't help either.

Al

ACC3212119 Newbie

I can assure you I've thoroughly tried all of that with only the same result.  This problem had happened before and just as it came quietly, it went the same way.  And we all know that those are the hardest types of problems to solve.

alanrichey42 Master

Sorry, you have lost me now.   Your first post indicated you needed a virtual remote for your Motorola box, now in your second post you say it used to work and now doesn't.    Can you explain EXACTLY what is happening ?

And re: your third post, the 'freeze' of the picture is irrelevant, that will happen regardless of what virtual remote is fitted, it is simply Slingplayer 'pausing' while it sends the commands.

ACC3212119 Newbie

Okay let me explain:

My first post and my second post with me asking for a virtual remote is because I have a DCX700-M Motorola cable box and an option isn't given to select that remote. Although there are alternative remotes that worked in the past but are not working now. I was hoping that maybe the exact remote might work.

My third post gives a more detailed explanation to what "not working" means. In other words, while there is a reaction, the channel does not shift. That's what's making this trouble shooting exercise so difficult.

Hope this clears up any misunderstanding.

Best Regards,

Eban Q. Hanna (Mr.)

alanrichey42 Master

Ok, that makes sense now.  As you say, there are lots of alternative remotes that should work.  Any Motorola DC....   should be OK.

However, the fact that you say that a few used to work and now they don't, leads me to suggest that something has gone wrong with your system and even a proper Custom Remote would not help.  So before I spend time building one for you, have you done all the other relevant checks to make sure your IR system is working ?   You don't tell us what type of Slingbox you are using, but if it is an early one, have you checked the IR Blaster with a camera/mobile phone to make sure it is actually firing ?  Have you made sure it is positioned EXACTLY over the IR receiver (a weak signal would explain your intermittent problem) ?   if you have a later model have you tried plugging in the external blaster ?

ACC3212119 Newbie

Again, I wouldn't say that the remote has no effect "at all", because when I press a button the picture freezes as though it is getting the commands, however the commands are not being executed, and hence the channel doesn't change.