3 Replies Latest reply: Jun 25, 2010 4:36 AM by whop RSS

blackberry bold remote viewing

whop

"cannot locate Slingbox ( No Slingbox Finder server connection)" Please help!!

• Re: blackberry bold remote viewing
          eferz Expert

Did you enable port forwarding for TCP and UDP on your home router where the Slingbox is located?

whop

If my slingbox works on my laptop then I suppose the port forwarding on the router is on? The problem is the blackberry cant detect the slingbox. Any suggestions?

eferz Expert

Nah, you can't make that assumption.

You have to make sure both TCP and UDP ports for your Slingbox's private IP Address is being forwarded.  Having only one opened will diverge disimilar client's ability to connect.  In fact, most remote viewing problems are due to not employing port forwarding for both TCP and UDP protocols.

If you're still unable to connect then most likely it has with either your mobile broadband provider or WiFi hotspot provider either blocking or using that port for their own nefarious purposes.  You can get around that by changing the Slingbox's default port of 5001 to something more common like port 80 (HTTP) or 443 (HTTPS).  Once again, make sure you update your port forwarding rules for both TCP and UDP to reflect the new port information if this is necessary.

The only other connection issue is based on the device that Slingplayer Mobile is installed.  Not all mobile devices will be able to connect over the cellular network.  Some will only supported a WiFi connection.  You can check the following link (http://www.slingmedia.com/go/slingplayer-mobile) to differenciate which devices can only support a WiFi connection.