5 Replies Latest reply: Nov 21, 2014 3:31 PM by cody.sling RSS

M1 Upgrade Promo

tpribor

I want to upgrade from my Slingbox Pro HD to an M1 using the upgrade deal. Unfortunately my Slingbox Pro HD is across the country in storage from when I moved and I can't get the serial number. Is there anyway to upgrade without having this serial number seeing has how I've registered my ownership of the device with Slingbox before.

As an aside, this question would take 30 second for someone on the phone to answer but paying $30.00 to ask is ridiculous. Pretty abysmal customer service by this company.

• Re: M1 Upgrade Promo
          cody.sling Novice

Hi Tucker Pribor,

That is an excellent question. Of course there is a way to assist you with upgrading to a new Slingbox M1 from your Slingbox Pro-HD. If you would like to give us a call we can provide more assistance with upgrading your Slingbox. We will have to verify some information when you call, but that should be a piece of cake.

Hope this helps,

Cody

Sling Media Moderation Team

tpribor

Cody, that is helpful, but will I have to pay $30.00 to call and discuss?

Given that the upgrade discount is $30.00, if I have to pay that just to

call you to discuss, then there's really no point to the call since the net

cost savings will be $0.

cody.sling Novice

Hello Tucker Pribor,

Again an excellent question. The answer is no, you will not have to pay $30 for support. When you call, advise the agent that you are looking for assistance with the upgrade program and you don't have the serial number of the Slingbox to participate in the upgrade program.

Hope this helps,

Cody

Sling Media Moderation Team

tpribor

Thank you Cody, what number should I call? Last night when I called the

only option I had to stay on the line was to agree to the $30.

cody.sling Novice

Hi Tucker Pribor,

You are very welcome. You can call 1-877GOSLING. That should bring you to the technical support line. I have also let all the agents know that you should be calling to process the upgrade, so you should have no issues.

Hope this helps,

Cody

Sling Media Moderation team