I wanted to share an article that explains the current situation with Google Chrome 64-bit browser.
Here's a link: New Google Chrome 64-bit browser and Watch on Slingbox.com.
We are aware and working on tis issue, but until we are done there will be a temporary interruption of Watch on Slingbox.com for Chrome browsers (for Mac users). For now, Internet Explorer, Firefox and Safari are working as normal.
another problem with slingbox I am shocked, i've had this for less than a month and already have run into the following problems:
- cant install slingbox on my mac b/c it asks for a password I never created
- cant install slingbox in chrome
- have to pay $15 for iphone app when they advertise that it works on iphone not to mention that since it asks for a non-existent password on my mac this is the only way to get it to work
- on a side note $15 is WAY TOO MUCH for an app if something add this to the cost of the slingbox if you must charge or only charge $5 maybe $10 but $15 is ridiculous
- iPhone app stutters almost every second
needless to say I am not please and curious who you paid to get reviews like top 5 tech gifts for christmas 2014
they suck, probably want to return ASAP b/c slingbox does not refund on their own and places like best buy only have 14 day return policies, if you want to see something frustrating yet a little amusing check out this conversation with tech support:
I've been using Slingbox on Chrome for quite some time now. All of a sudden, Sling states that I cannot use it "on your current version of Chrome". I checked what are the appropriate versions. Sling states 38 or higher. This is my current version of Chrome: Version 39.0.2171.65 (64-bit).