2 Replies Latest reply: Jun 24, 2010 8:08 AM by eferz RSS

Need Help! Motorola Droid and Sling AV. Cant connect

oingoman

Can anyone help?

I have verizon FIOS. The router I have is Actiontek MI424-WR.   I am able to view the slingbox on my home network. When i try to view from the Slingplayer for my motorola droid, I keep getting the message " Connection Failed. Make sure your phone and slingbox are connected to the internet".

I went on a port checking site and its telling me the 5001 is able to be seen from outside.    The slingbox is set to port 5001 in the setup.

Any help would be great.

Im not very computer literate when it comes to port forwarding on a router.

• Re: Need Help! Motorola Droid and Sling AV. Cant connect
          oingoman

Update:

I figured id post this since im sure there may be others having this issue.  I had an older Slingbox av.. I went on the singbox webstite for setting up you slingbox to view via the web.. During the process it updated my firmware. Whatever the online setup did, It worked. I can now stream the AV to my motorola droid.

Hope this helps someone

• Re: Need Help! Motorola Droid and Sling AV. Cant connect
            eferz Expert

Your symptoms are usually indicative of both TCP and UDP ports of the Slingbox not being port forwarded.

I would recommend that you go back into your router's port forwarding rules it is port forwarding both TCP and UDP of your Slingbox.

If you're still not able to connect remotely, then it is possible that the port is either being block or used by the remote location's hotspot.  In which case, I would recommend trying to change the Slingbox's default port 5001 to a more common port like port 80 (HTTP) or 443 (HTTPS).  If this is necessary, then you'll need also change the port forwarding rules to reflect the changes you've made to the Slingbox.