3 Replies Latest reply: Jan 8, 2015 12:51 PM by dnyren RSS

Slingplayer for iPhone Update?

Vandit463

When can we expect an update for the iphone Slingplayer?  It has constant buffering problems ever since the latest update after iOS 8 was released.  It seems that that bitrate of the stream constantly fluctuates.  This problem has existed for well over a month.  For an app that cost $15, this is simply not acceptable!

• Re: Slingplayer for iPhone Update?
          Vandit463

For anyone reading this, the latest Slingbox firmware update (the one with YouTube integration) seems to have rectified the issues with the iphone app.  This fix was LONG overdue.

• Re: Slingplayer for iPhone Update?
            dnyren

I have the M1 Slingbox and for something that should be free or at least included in the purchase price (if you want to charge $15 more that would be fine) and not blindsided after buying it performs horrible. It constantly stutters when on WiFi, I expect this on cellular by why in the world does this happen on WiFi. I don't know of any other product whose accessory app does not work when it costs money not to mention $15  (which is an outrageous price $5 even $10 would be fine but there is no reason an app should cost $15).

Vandit463 how do you download this firmware update you mention? I downloaded this app on December 30th so I assume any such update would be included is this true? Also where/how do you integrate with YouTube?????

Thanks!!!