5 Replies Latest reply: Nov 18, 2014 11:07 PM by alanrichey42 RSS

cannot find Arris XG1 DVR/cablebox

TKoC
    Visibility: Open to anyone

I cannot find the Arris XG1 DVR cablebox in the slingbox menu when trying to reconfigure my PRO HD slingbox after upgrading my cable. Any suggestions?

• Re: cannot find Arris XG1 DVR/cablebox
          alanrichey42 Master

I assume you have already done a proper Forum Search for your model number in case other people have already answered your question ?

If so and that didn't help then check out this thread:  https://community.sling.com/message/10363#10363

Come back if it that doesn't help either.

Al

• Re: cannot find Arris XG1 DVR/cablebox

Thanks for the reply Al, after reading the attached link I searched through the list of remotes link and found that the "COMCAST X1", (which is the name of the new Comcast entertainment "platform", NOT the actual DVR cable box, which is an Arris XG1), had the correct remote. I had also discovered that Arris had purchased Motorola, so I was also searching Motorola boxes. Anyways the COMCAST X1 is the selection you need to find the Arris XG1 DVR cable box and remote.

NOW when I get home I just need to work out how to get a proper picture as there is not an S-Video outlet on the Arris XG1 DVR cable box. I have audio, and have tried a coaxiel cable, but no picture yet.

Tony