3 Replies Latest reply: Nov 18, 2014 1:20 AM by alanrichey42 RSS

antenna tv

wbello
    Visibility: Open to anyone

I just recently went cable free... now using antenna TV if the TV is on I connect just fine but I'm not able to turn my slingbox on or off and can't change channels... is this because I need a another device such as DVD -blu-ray or something like that or perhaps my connection is not correct somewhere. CAN ANYONE HELP please

thank you.

William

• Re: antenna tv
          alanrichey42 Master

but I'm not able to turn my slingbox on or off and can't change channels...

The Slingbox is supposed to stay on all the time, not sure why you want to turn it off.

perhaps my connection is not correct somewhere

Difficult to comment as you don't actually tell us how you have everything connected.

Please give us a LOT more information.

wbello

Let me start again when the TV is on I can connect to my Slingbox the audio and video is good but cannot change the channel or turn the tv off or on ..when TV is off the connection is immediate but cannot get video or audio thanks for your help and patients

William

alanrichey42 Master

Still impossible to help as for some reason you aren't answering my question.   So I say again

Difficult to comment as you don't actually tell us how you have everything connected.

Still, I suppose I can try and guess.   If you have gone antenna-only I can think of 2 possibilities

1.  You have a Pro-HD and are using the co-ax input.   If that is the case you should be using a splitter so that one feed goes to the TV and one feed goes to the Slingbox.   But in that case there is no reason the TV could affect the Slingbox.   Or have you used a coax pass-through on the TV ?  If so, don't, use a splitter.

2.  You are using another Slingbox and have taken a composite/component output from the TV to drive the Slingbox.   In that case it is blindingly obvious that turning the TV off would stop the output so you wouldn't be asking the question..

However, if Option 2 is correct and your real question is how to control the TV from the Slingbox, and your second point about it not working when turned off is irrelevant, then in that case you should have selected the TV make and model when you setup whichever input you are using.   Which is difficult as Sling do not support TVs.

OK, stopping here.  I could keep guessing forever, so I'll wait until you do what I asked before and give us LOTS more information.   Doesn't matter how trivial it seems, remember we are not looking over your shoulder so have absolutely no idea of your setup.  So give us a couple of pages of info