5 Replies Latest reply: Mar 19, 2017 11:34 AM by SlingBennet RSS

Setup can't be finished as no working remote control found

schaippu

I just bougt a new Slingbox 500, but can't finish the setup process. I'm not able to find a working remote control, so setup stops at the "remote" step.

I'm from Germany, trying to connect a mediareceiver  MR 303 A from Deutsche Telekom, where I have a contract for a german IPTV solution called "Entertain".

How can I complete the setup and find a working RC?

Best regards

Uwe

• Re: Setup can't be finished as no working remote control found
          alanrichey42 Master

I assume you have already done a proper Forum Search for your model number in case other people have already answered your question ?

If so and that didn't help then check out this thread:  https://community.sling.com/message/10363#10363

Come back if it that doesn't help either.

Al

schaippu

Hi Alan,

I really appreciate yur support for Slingbox users, especially for

newbies like me. Currently I'm almost lost as I cna't pass the setup

screen and even with the sling player I can't access the sling box.

My actions up to now:

I have downloaded  the sling player (version 2.0.4.522) and the

recommended zip-file Telekom MR-303.zip with the 2 bin files V2010_PL

and V2010_RV, which I have copied into the folder

C:\Program Files (x86)\Sling Media\SlingPlayer\SBAV.   When starting

the setup assistent of the sling player, I receive the message, that

this device is not supported by the setup assistant and I'm requested

to go to

http://support.slingmedia.com/get/suppported-slingplayer-versions. This

page returns an Error 404 "page not found". The system assistant is

then aborted.

If I choose "connect" from the sling player menu I find (My slingbox -

not configured). Doubleclicking on "my slingbox" I get the message that

this device is not supported by slingplayer. The request to click the

link to the list of supported devices end with a 404 Error "page not

found".

Also trying to finish the setup via TV and the slingbox RC using

"Other" as device and "V2010" didn't help.

What's wrong and what else can I do?

And why do I have to state either USA or Canada as a location, even if

I am from Germany?

Many thanks in advance and

Best regards

Uwe

schaippu

Hi Al,

once I managed to start the Browser Version of the sling player I was

able to finalize the setup. The  "regular?" Slingplayer still can't 

conect to my Slingbox 500. Viewing via Broser is now working including

the virtual Remote control. Only the quality of the picture within the

browser is far away from HD, even when testing it within my LAN

(Internet connection is 50 mbit downstream and 10 mbit upstream).

Hope, I will be able to increase viedeo quality soon. Will check the

forum accoringly.

BR

Uwe

alanrichey42 Master

Beat me to it    Just for future reference, the up-to-date instructions are at  http://placeshiftingenthusiasts.com/how-to-install-a-custom-remote-onto-the-slingbox/

The USA/Canada question is very frustrating and I do wish Sling would start acknowledging that the latest Slingboxes can be used worldwide and not just in North America.   The purpose of that question is simply to to make sure you get the proper TV Guide, and that only works in the USA and Canada.   Why on earth they don't just add a third option "Other" which bypasses the TV provider screen is totally beyond me.  It would take the software writers about 10 seconds to implement and save the support staff (and me) hours of wasted time explaining this to people.   But I am used to "banging my head against a brick wall" with Sling Media, they are absolutely useless at listening to users or providing any feedback.   Would you believe I have been asking for well over a year for the error message "Invalid BIN file" to be changed to "BIN file not found" if you type in the wrong location ?  But no-one will acknowledge it..

Sorry, rant over