2 Replies Latest reply: Nov 2, 2014 2:51 PM by yo007 RSS

Sling SB200 & Directv C41

yo007
    Visibility: Open to anyone

I posted my question in the Directv forum and was told my question was more relevant to the Slingbox forums.  While I don't agree with the response, I'll give it a shot and see if anyone can help.

I have a Slingbox SB200-100 and a Genie C41 (client) that I'm trying to set up.

I purchased the Breakout Composite cable (Red/White/Yellow) for the C41 and Slingbox SB200. I am still unable to get the slingbox to receive video.  I have temporarily connected the HDMI cable from the satellite to the slingbox while having the above mentioned cable connected from the slingbox to the C41.

I even purchased an HDMI splitter, but that isn't working at all.

I have a good network connection and when attempting to perform the setup for the slingbox the video input selection shows component is attached to the Slingbox.  However, still NO video output no matter which video input selection is made.

Please, can someone point me in the right direction?

Thanks

• Re: Sling SB200 & Directv C41
          ferguspa Apprentice

I purchased the Breakout Composite cable (Red/White/Yellow) for the C41 and Slingbox SB200. I am still unable to get the slingbox to receive video.  I have temporarily connected the HDMI cable from the satellite to the slingbox while having the above mentioned cable connected from the slingbox to the C41.

These two sentences do not make sense.

"I have temporarily connected the HDMI cable from the satellite to the slingbox"

A Slingbox SB200-100 (a.k.a. a Slingbox Pro) doesn't have HDMI.  The rightmost port marked "HD" is for an adaptor for component video cables.

"while having the above mentioned cable connected from the slingbox to the C41."

I'd believe the proper setup would be:

TV <---HDMI--- C41 ---Composite cable---> "IN 1" Slingbox Pro

Note:

- You may need to set the C41 to output 480i video to use the composite cable, but I'm not positive

- You will not be able to view HDCP protected programming on the composite connection with HDMI attached to the TV unless the TV is on

This testing would be much easier if you had an older TV with A/V inputs to put in place of the Slingbox and test the output of the DirecTV receiver.

• Re: Sling SB200 & Directv C41
              yo007

Thank you for responding and setting me straight about the HD port. 

I FINALLY have video, and can view the slingbox!  I have struggled with this for 2 freakin months!  Now, if I can just figure out how to wake up the Directv client, I'm good to go!

Thank you!