5 Replies Latest reply: Mar 17, 2015 12:17 PM by Maxcats RSS

Chromecast for pro hd

larkwood

I recently bought a slingbox pro hd instead of a 350 because of the freeview decoder and input switching options which suit mey needs better. I was hoping to use it to chromecast to my bedroom tv , however It looks like chromecast support is not available for Pro hd slingbox

Why is this when the pro hd is more expensive than the 350 and has more features. Surely its just a case of a firmware update.. will there ever be a chromecast option on pro hd ?

• Re: Chromecast for pro hd
          katie.sling Apprentice

Hello larkwood,

Thanks for using the forums. You have a great question. The PRO-HD is actually an older unsupported Slingbox. We haven't sold the PRO-HD or updated the firmware for that particular Slingbox in over a year. We currently only support the newest models for use with the Chromcast device such as the 350, 500/SlingTV and the M1.

airhead

I have the same request, after all We would like to see the device function still supported. My pro hd works well and also allow ota TV. Btw it work well with roku3. I guess we need to avoid chromecast.

One way to use Chromecast is to cast the entire screen to your Tv.

The Pro-hd may not be supported but the Cast screen option still allows repkay on another screen.

airhead

PRO HD is not a very old product, and with very similar function has the m1 , and we can SLING to ROKU without issues. Why not support the cast to CHROME, they sold lots of the SOLO and PRO HD product, it is not good image to drop the  function this way.

There is not much good reason to change to a new device when the SOLO or PRO HD still does a great JOB sharing TV to my IOS or PC.

Maxcats Novice

I suspect this is a hardware issue. The Pro-HD does not airplay to Apple TV in correct aspect ratio either. This was 'repaired' on the 350 with a hardware/chip update.