0 Replies Latest reply: Oct 21, 2014 6:35 PM by Stanmead RSS

Tuning a new AC3200 EA9200 router for use with a Slingbox Pro HD.

Stanmead
    Visibility: Open to anyone

I had a D-Link router that was defective and I just bought a new AC3200 EA9200 router.  I am trying to document all the settings that should be set to optimize remote viewing through a router to the net.  I remember many of the settings yet it appears that this new LinkSys tries to "simplify" the user interface menus by providing as little information, details or technical nomenclature as possible.  I am used to seeing tool box items and these new menu layouts suck for old technical geezers like me.  Anyway, I was trying to recreate a shopping list of things I need to set to optimize the slingbox through-put.

This is what I think I remember but cannot find those detailed tips online: (I think there is more)

Port Forwarding for Application Name: "SlingBox"

Open Port 5001 for TCP and UDP (in/out)

Device IP (Static ID) Used: 192.168.2.254 - Reserve on SlingBox and Router also

Inbound filter - Allow All

Schedule: Always on

Under Dynamic IP (DHCP) Internet Connection Settings - MTU should be set at 1500

I am curious if that should be fixed at 1500 or set to automatic mode as offered on this machine?

I think:

NAT must be Enabled

Universal Plug and Play (UPnP) must be Enabled

Turn on Multicasting or broadcasting features???? (I forget where that is.)

Turn off firewall filtering for: ???

Fitler Off - Internet NAT Redirection

Filter Off - MultiCast

Can anyone provide any further clarification or details on things I have missed?

Thanks !!!   Stan