7 Replies Latest reply: Feb 3, 2015 1:26 PM by AlexUSA RSS

Chromecast

ACC83759
    Visibility: Open to anyone

Hello all. I have the Slingbox 500. Can not connect to Chromecast through mobile devices (Android or IOS). Keep getting the error (Unable to connect (2)) on my TV screen. Anybody knows why? Thx.

• Re: Chromecast
          ACC83759

Hello. It looks like no body knows anything about this issue. No body from Sling support know any fix for this issue? Maybe I posted it in the wrong Forum?  Can some one please guide me to the right direction? Thx.

ACC501595

I am having the same issue and am also frustrated that I can find no info on this error code.  I can connect just fine on my iPad but I get this error as soon as I try to cast to the Chromecast.  I am using a brand new Slingbox M1 and it worked fine when I tested at home (on the same network as the Slinbox).  Now I am traveling and no luck!

jhenryslentz

Seems like they tested it in a small office setting and never did any real world use testing. I travel a lot for work and run into many people in my line of work that try to do the same thing - iPad->Slingbox->Chromecast->Hotel Room and all get "Unable to connect (2)".

Slingbox got it working in their office so they could claim it worked and then moved on..I don't think this is going to get fixed anytime soon

Same problem here!! sling logo comes up on TV looks like it is connecting then Unable to connect (2) and picture returns to ipad.

ciarantwomey

Hi,

Why won't a sling moderator comment on this ? Extremely unhelpful . This is a know issue , nothing to do with port forwarding (like some have suggested)

Please let us know if this is a known issue , whether it's be worked upon? And if there's a timescale as to when it will be resolved