4 Replies Latest reply: Oct 24, 2014 7:22 AM by britt.sling RSS

Error P-31

ACC6217581

Hello,

I did have my Slingbox M1 working but I changed my home network (wifi)  and now I can't seem to get it to connect and keep getting the P-31 error when I select my Slingbox in the directory. I followed the error steps outlined within the Slingplayer Desktop to setup new network settings and it detected my new wifi network, takes the password but can not seem to connect past that. I just keep getting the constant flashing network light on the box. I have even reset the Slingbox as the error directs. I seem to be going around in a circle and do not understand what is going on. In the Slingbox Directory it see my Slingbox and lists it with the grey notation, which I understand to mean "This Slingbox was previously configured, but can't be located within your local network right now. Or, the Slingbox status can't be determined." What is also odd is that I get another Slingbox that's not setup (with the yellow notation) intermittently, but I only have one Slingbox on my network. What is even weirder is that when I look at all the wireless networks around me (which my computer can scan for) I see the second Slingbox listed which must be an error. I am using Mac 10.9.5 with the Slingplayer Desktop 5.0.38.

Any help you can offer would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

BC

• Re: Error P-31
          britt.sling Apprentice

Hello ACC6217581,

It sounds as though the Reset of the Slingbox worked if you are seeing a yellow notation next to the second Slingbox. I recommend walking through the setup of the second Slingbox. Once the setup is complete the first Slingbox, with the gray notation, should then drop off of the Directory.

Best regards,

Brittany

Sling Media Moderation Team

ACC6217581

Hello Brittany,

Thank you for your suggestions. I did follow through with the setup of the second Slingbox and was successful in getting everything working (as in audio and visual projection) however, I was not able to access my remote or the guide or even change channel... Then the second time I loaded everything up it gave me a P-2 error which I then proceeded to check my internet and all the setting which were fine. I even have both the power and the wifi red lights on the box. I am now back at the Directory and only see the grey notation again for my Slingbox, however as I said the red lights are still on, on the box.

Any further help in getting this setup would be great. As I bought this for when I am away and if I have this kind of issues with it just within my house, I don't know what I will be able to do when I am actually physically away from the box and not able to be pushing buttons or restarting the unit.

Thanks,

BC

ACC6217581

Hello,

Just an update.I started up the Slingbox Desktop program again tonight and this time I am back to getting the P-31 error. Both the red lights are solid on the Slingbox though so I thought it would be better but still can't get anywhere. I deleted the Slingbox Desktop and downloaded it again thinking that it might be the problem but still no change. I don't know what else to try.

Any help would be much appreciated.

BC