3 Replies Latest reply: Nov 18, 2014 11:09 AM by vacageo RSS

Won't Connect - No Welcome Screen

vacageo

My Slingbox 500 has been working flawlessly for 14 months.  I tried to access it today from desktop, phone and iPad, but in all cases it indicates the Slingbox cannot be accessed at this time and advises to check connections and network.  All connections good, wifi network is working well.  I powered the unit off and on.  No help.  I tried to reset the unit but cannot even get the welcome screen to appear on the TV the unit is connected to.  After powering down, all three lights on the front of the unit come on and the Slingobox logo blinks once.  That's it.  No welcome screen, and no obvious way to get back to set up.  Thanks of any help you can give.

• Re: Won't Connect - No Welcome Screen
          burch1915

I have this same issue.  I can find no resolution to this problem.  I do sometimes get connected but its only there for a minute or 2 then it stops. 

AndreGardner

I've been having the same problem and I've also reset the Slingbox and router etc. I have no network issues that I can detect at home. I'm traveling now and, of course, would like to watch but can't. Has anyone figured this out?

vacageo

I finally resolved my problem by performing a "hard reset" of the Slingbox.  This involved holding in the reset button long enough to reset the Slingobx back to factory settings.  I then had to go back through the entire set up process, as if I were setting up the Slingbox for the first time.  I also learned that I was the one who caused the problem in the first place.  I replaced my Apple Airport Extreme router with a newer version of the same device.  I hadn't used my Slingobx for several days when the problem surfaced so it didn't dawn on me immediately that the change in routers was the problem.  I did consider it at one point in my trouble shooting but thought I had watched the Slingobx after installing the new router.  I was also under the misapprehension that as long as I used the same wireless account and password for the new router that the Slingbox would still recognize it and just reconnect.  This is not the case, the new router has a different IP address.  A new router always requires a complete reset of the system.