2 Replies Latest reply: Dec 6, 2014 8:24 AM by drhenning53 RSS

Kindle Fire Update

drhenning53 Newbie
    Visibility: Open to anyone

I noticed that there was an Android Tablet update announced  this week.  I was wondering if the Slingplayer on the Kindle Fire will be updated to among other things be able to control my ROKU.  I have had success with my Samsung phone controlling it on my ROKU but I would much prefer to use my tablet to free up my phone....  I know the new android app does allow me to put it to background so I can multi-task on my phone ...  But would like the same feature on my tablet.  I can cast from my Kindle Fire to my ROKU for Amazon and Netflix though I really don't need to do it as much...

My Kindle Fire is a 8.9 HDX...

Thanks...

• Re: Kindle Fire Update
          ACC175319

Just ran into the same issue.  Looks like the Kindle app i paid $30 for (which is now $15) was released back in 2012 and never been updated. What gives!??

Please update so I can use my Roku to watch.. weird how the Sling channel is free for Roku.  All apps for mobile should be free but that's another thread for another time..

• Re: Kindle Fire Update
              drhenning53 Newbie

There are no paid Apps directly on ROKU that I'm aware of..  There are many things like sports streaming that require paid subscriptions in order to use for the most part but those are not bought on the ROKU...  There are paid movies on ROKU....

I wish Sling Media would at least release the mobile player they have on Android to Amazon for use on the Fires...    I do wonder if the FIRE Steaming player ( Amazon's mostly less capable streaming device in comparison to ROKU) would support the Slingplayer directly without needing another device to control like the ROKU does...  Of less interest to me since I own 3 ROKU's...