1 Reply Latest reply: Oct 8, 2014 11:04 PM by callanish RSS

GoogleTV Optimized Web Site

rluck000
    Visibility: Open to anyone

"Google TV has been updated and SlingPlayer does not support this new version.We've Currently working on an updated SlingPlayer, please check back soon."

Sony NSX 32GT1

When is this updated expected to be released? I understand that some of the newer models  support pushing to chrome cast or to Google TV but I would like to know when the optimized website update will be completed and live for users.

Thank!

• Re: GoogleTV Optimized Web Site
          callanish Apprentice

Wait, what? my understanding is that all Sony Google TV hardware is still on Honeycomb 3.2 O.S and they have no intent to upgrade to Jellybean 4.2.2 anytime soon. Are you saying your Sony NSX model has received an O.S upgrade? Basically, Jellybean on Google TV removed flash support which is what happened when LG updated their Google TV's to the latest Android O.S. If you are currently running 3.2, yes the slingplayer was removed from spotlight but can be still accessed through a chrome bookmark link

SlingPlayer for Google Tv

MY Sony GS7 and GS8 Google TV boxes still function with the slingplayer weblink.