The RCA converter apparently is not supported by sling and I cannot find a list of those that are; that would be a good link to find. Also, back to the original, what you suggest is a workaround if the Pro is a digital receiver that is just defective,.. not work... but is it? that is the question. Is the old Pro even capable of receiving digital signal? It doesn't appear it is. I cannot find anything online that even addresses this old unit.... I know that ProHD is..... maybe that is the answer.... I thought this was designed though back in the day when HD broadcast was already predominant.
The link is http://support.slingbox.com/get/KB-5000164
If you let me know the make and model of the DTA I might be able to build you a Custom Remote.
Is the old Pro even capable of receiving digital signal? It doesn't appear it is. I cannot find anything online that even addresses this old unit.... I know that ProHD is..... maybe that is the answer.... I thought this was designed though back in the day when HD broadcast was already predominant.
I doubt it very much. My old Classic only had an analog tuner and they were about the same vintage. But I though you said it sensed the analog ouput of your DTA ? If so then it must be an analog receiver. On the Pro-HD you actually get to specify analog or digital during the setup of the coax input.
I just saw your post. I use the RCA DTA800B1 with my AV slingbox !! the code is listed on that link Mr. Richey provided. DRD102RW
Your sb200-100 has yellow white/red connections on it. Use those and then tune your TV itself to channel 3 (or 4 OR sat1,dvr1 depending on how old your TV is; my 2001 TV 32" has sat1). But you don't need a TV to watch/setup the slingbox, just make sure when the wizard is going you power up the RCA unit.
- Visit Sling.com and click on Watch.
- Log in to your Sling Account or create a new one.
- If needed, go through the browser plugin installation process.
- Choose your Slingbox from the Directory menu.
- If this is a new Slingbox, or if you have reset your Slingbox, click Start to begin the setup process. Otherwise, move on to step 6.
- Click Settings, then click Configure Input.
- Select the Slingbox Input that you wish to configure.
- When you get to the page asking you to choose a remote, start typing DRD102RW in the search box.
- When your device comes up in the list, select it and click the Next button.
- Follow the directions on the next several screens to finish configuring your Slingbox.
OR if you still use the older software use the slingbox wizard , the code is under RCA, SAT Reciever , DRD102RW.
You can use the older software ,still, to configure older units (like a VCR), then once it's saved/set the remote will work using the web version.
(I configured the 2nd input on my AV to GE/VCR therefore I can place a zipcode into that and see what's on the OTA channels I get, then switch it back to input that has the RCA to view channels)