7 Replies Latest reply: Dec 9, 2014 5:30 AM by alanrichey42 RSS

Legacy Slingbox with Broadcast TV

rlawrence2

Can the old sB200-100 sling broadcast TV?  I'm guessing it was not set up for digital tuning, as I tried and it sees no channels on scan.  I then connected it to an RCA DTA800B1 digital converter to see if the box would see the analog and tune on it, but it can only see the output channel of the converter, not the broadcast channels.  I keep reading that the Pro is a tuner, but.... ????  I don't really care about having HD on my small computer, just want to see the local channels any cheap way.  So I dusted this old Pro off that I used with my Palm Teo before streaming was cool..... Don't suggest cable or dish.  I'm unplugged from all of that now. 

• Re: Legacy Slingbox with Broadcast TV
          alanrichey42 Master

Any reason why you can't use the DTA ?   If the Slingbox is tuned to the output channel (3 or 4?) and you change channels using the DTA then you will see all channels.

rlawrence2

The RCA converter apparently is not supported by sling and I cannot find a list of those that are; that would be a good link to find.  Also, back to the original, what you suggest is a workaround if the Pro is a digital receiver that is just defective,.. not work... but is it?  that is the question.  Is the old Pro even capable of receiving digital signal?  It doesn't appear it is.  I cannot find anything online that even addresses this old unit....  I know that ProHD is..... maybe that is the answer.... I thought this was designed though back in the day when HD broadcast was already predominant. 

alanrichey42 Master

The link is http://support.slingbox.com/get/KB-5000164

If you let me know the make and model of the DTA I might be able to build you a Custom Remote.

Is the old Pro even capable of receiving digital signal?  It doesn't appear it is.  I cannot find anything online that even addresses this old unit....  I know that ProHD is..... maybe that is the answer.... I thought this was designed though back in the day when HD broadcast was already predominant. 

I doubt it very much.  My old Classic only had an analog tuner and they were about the same vintage. But I though you said it sensed the analog ouput of your DTA ?   If so then it must be an analog receiver.   On the Pro-HD you actually get to specify analog or digital during the setup of the coax input.

rlawrence2

Looks like I might as well just by a legacy used ProHD unit.  thanks! 

speedy22 Newbie

R Lawrence:

I just saw your post. I use the RCA DTA800B1 with my AV slingbox !! the code is listed on that link Mr. Richey provided. DRD102RW

Your sb200-100 has yellow white/red connections on it. Use those and then tune your TV itself to channel 3 (or 4 OR sat1,dvr1 depending on how old your TV is; my 2001 TV 32" has sat1). But you don't need a TV to watch/setup the slingbox, just make sure when the wizard is going you power up the RCA unit.

1. Visit Sling.com and click on Watch.
                          2. Log in to your Sling Account or create a new one.
                          3. If needed, go through the browser plugin installation process.
                          4. Choose your Slingbox from the Directory menu.
                          5. If this is a new Slingbox, or if you have reset your Slingbox, click Start to begin the setup process. Otherwise, move on to step 6.
                          6. Click Settings, then click Configure Input.
                          7. Select the Slingbox Input that you wish to configure.
                          8. When you get to the page asking you to choose a remote, start typing DRD102RW in the search box.
                          9. When your device comes up in the list, select it and click the Next button.
                          10. Follow the directions on the next several screens to finish configuring your Slingbox.

OR if you still use the older software use the slingbox wizard , the code is under RCA, SAT Reciever , DRD102RW.

You can use the older software ,still, to configure older units (like a VCR), then once it's saved/set the remote will work using the web version.

(I configured the 2nd input on my AV to GE/VCR therefore I can place a zipcode into that and see what's on the OTA channels I get, then switch it back to input that has the RCA to view channels)

rlawrence2

Getting tired of the poor analog video on my HD phone... thinking of getting an old

SlingBox Pro HD SB300-100

Did I recall you saying this model does indeed recieve broadcast HD and that there is a default tuner?  I use the same slingplayer software I use now on my android?  Any surprises?