12 Replies Latest reply: Aug 6, 2015 11:02 AM by ACC6403403 RSS

Channels won't change on the phone

jlopez

When viewing sling using my iPhone i can not get the channels to change.  Does anyone know what it the problem?

• Re: Channels won't change on the phone
          alanrichey42 Master

First point to answer is does it work on other viewing systems ?   PC/Mac specifically.    If it does then it is an iPhone problem, if it doesn't then it is a SLingbox problem and nothing to do with the iPhone.

speedy22 Newbie

This is happening to me too. iphone6. It works fine from ipad and also from android and PC. apple needs to fix this pronto.

I've tried using 05 , 005, 0005 and checking/unchecking the enter box on the setup portion. Works fine with the on screen remote on PC or the  ipad.

Hetkin

same problem but unable to find answer.

pls help.

alanrichey42 Master

OK, 3 of you now, but only one is giving any decent information.   As I said in my initial post you MUST tell us if this is an iPhone-only problem or a general problem across all viewing platforms.    And you MUST confirm if it just channel switching that doesn't work or other commands as well

Mikey 1,  I assume Ch+/- works ?   If so then you are in the wrong thread, as your problem is more accurately defined as "Cannot input channels".   What happens if you simply hit the 5 and then Enter ?  That works for me.

Hetkin

Thank you very much for responding. The only problem I'm having is on the iPhone with sling player.

The sling player on the iPad works fine because a remote shows up on the screen where I'm able to press the buttons specially the okay button to change the channel.

On the iPhone, when I tried to change channels using the D pad and press "channel # and enter," the virtual remote comes up looking for me to hit okay to change the channel like it would work if I actually had to remote in my hand and was able to press okay.

I tried going into the set up program to configure the enter button to activate when I change channels by checking it but it doesn't seem to make any difference.

As such the sling player on my iPhone is useless because I'm unable to change any channels or access my DVR.

As to your questions, everything else works fine and if I hit five and enter nothing happens.

Pls help!

Sent from my iPhone

ACC6403403

I am having an issue changing the channels on my iPad.  It worked last week just fine. It looks like its going to respond as I see the numbers in the top right corner of the TV, BUT they don't show up on the bottom left which always happened before.  no matter what I push, nothing.