4 Replies Latest reply: Sep 23, 2014 9:41 AM by cwm3015 RSS

Request: Custom remote file for ADB 2840C

cwm3015
    Visibility: Open to anyone

Hi,

I just hooked up a slingbox solo to my digital cable box.  Unfortunately, the cable box remote is not included in the slingbox default library.

Tried the different custom remote files I can find for the 2840 including VL10_PL,VL11_PL.(VL10_RV doesn't work)

The unit is delivered by Canal Digital in Sweden for their cable-tv-services.

The only key that work is power off/on!

1.   Was there any error message after you typed in the Code and tapped the Test button ?

No, uploading the PL-file was ok.

2.   Have you tried both the BIN files ?

Yes. RV-file does not work.

3.   If you are using the external IR Blaster have you used a Digital Camera (Mobile Phone) to confirm the IR Blaster is actually firing when you tap the Power button ?  Watch the tip of the IR Blaster through the viewfinder while you tap a button.  You should see a white (not red) flash.  Practice on a real remote so you know what you are looking for. 

IR seems to firing.  When I tap a button, picture and sound will freeze about a second but nothing happens, except power on/off.

4.   Have you experimented with the placement of the IR Blaster ?  On some devices this is critical so don't give up too quickly.

YES.

5.   Are you sure the device is working correctly using the real remote ?

Yes.

Hope anyone can help me.