7 Replies Latest reply: Sep 22, 2014 9:27 AM by Cauchon RSS

M1 Remote does not WORK!!!

Sachajean

I am about to return this device back to best buy. I can only watch one chanel remotely. The online sling remote does not respond at all. I've tried to reset the box to start from scratch but it just brings me back to the live TV screen instead of letting me set up from scratch.

HELP! PLEASE

What am I doing wrong?

I have directv, samsung smartv.

The sling pic is fine from any location on my iphone its just that the remote does not change the channel

thanks

• Re: M1 Remote does not WORK!!!
          alanrichey42 Master

Have you tried using the external IR Blaster ?

Sachajean

Thanks guys.

Yes I have that IR thing tacked to the little window area of my Genie DVR. I think that has something to do with the problem though.

This is a stupid question but here I go......

That IR thing, is that a cap on it? Am I suppose to remove an outer part to reveal the IR thing? I didnt want to tug too hard to break anything but I started thinking that maybe it was a cover on it that I should remove.

I changed my Genie remote to IR and everything so right now I only watch HGTV..... from my iphone.   

Even though I pushed the reset the slingbox auto pops back up and plays on my laptop. I was trying to start all over from scratch and set it up again but it does not take me thru the set up process. I was going to try to pick a different remote from the set up drop down or something. Slingbox sucks!

Gotribe31

I had the same problem while not using the external IR. Problem was fixed when I positioned the external IR cord in front of the cable box. 

Sachajean

I am wondering if I am suppose to pull a cap off it to reveal something? I know sounds dumb but it seems like it and I didnt want to tug too hard and break it. Was it ready to tack on right from the box or did you have to remove something before tacking in on to you DVR?

THANKS!

alanrichey42 Master

NO, you don't pull anything off, but also I am not sure I would tape it the box.  Unless you know EXACTLY where the IR receiver is you may be blocking the signal.  And I don't know but you might be transmitting everything away from the box.  Just put it on a flat surface a couple of inches in front of the box.

What you are doing is called a soft reset and is similar to just power cycling it.  If you want to do a factory reset then hold the button in until the netwrok LED flashes twice.   Should take about 10 seconds.