2 Replies Latest reply: Sep 19, 2014 1:59 PM by alanrichey42 RSS

Remote setup possible?

Gotribe31

I just bought two sling boxes to set up at one house. Can these boxes be set up remotely, or do I have to be there with the device I want to sling the feed to? Also, can two sling M1s be set up on the same home network? I'm trying to set up one as a test, and it doesn't seem to be compatible with the cable box (Cisco CHS 335HDC) that I'm using. Is this user error or is it actually not compatible?

• Re: Remote setup possible?
          rodlove57 Newbie

Yes ,it can be remotely set with tech support from sling media.support would direct you step by step what to do.

Telling you how to conect to your network and get software downloaded to your computer and install all for you.

Also they can show to you on your computer screen all set up and how to add the proper file to control your cable source or another that it is not yet recognized by that equip...

The remote conection is secure and if you are not a computer guy get the support plan;it is good to have.

• Re: Remote setup possible?
              alanrichey42 Master

I'm afraid I have to disagree with that (unless you are talking about accessing a computer at the Slingbox location using something like LogMeIn)

The very initial setup of the box MUST be done at the location of the Slingbox using a PC/Mobile device so the communication with the router can be established.   Once that has been done then I agree that configuring of the inputs can be done from a remote location.   And the device you are going to stream to is irrelevant.   That just has to run the Desktop Player and log into your account.  It has nothing to do with the setup.    If I had your logon details I could view your stream on my laptop.

And what do you mean by 'not compatible' ?   If you mean the box is not in the supported list then check out my post at https://community.sling.com/thread/3300?tstart=0