2 Replies Latest reply: Sep 27, 2014 3:45 PM by drricardosalazar RSS

Slingbox not working since last actualization

drricardosalazar

After last actualization my slingbox stop working we bought it in the US and connected it in Mexico we live in Brasil, have talk with the tech team in Mexico and where told that our case is not their first that after last actualization this problem became common and is because of US servers.

All the lights of the Sligbox are turn, but is not able to connect.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

• Re: Slingbox not working since last actualization
          stanley.sling Apprentice

Hello Ricardo,

The most probable cause of this issue is most likely the fact that all Slingboxes are regionalized. Basically what this mean for you, is that, to hook up a Slingbox in Mexico, you would have wanted to purchase that unit from within Mexico or on the Mexican Sling website (www.slingbox.com.mx). A Slingbox purchased in the US will try to use IP Addresses from within the US to connect to the servers. If you take a US Slingbox out of the USA then you are likely to run into all sorts of network/connection issues.

Hope this helps!

Stanley

Sling Media Forum Moderation Team

• Re: Slingbox not working since last actualization
              drricardosalazar

Hi Stanley,

Thanks for your reply, but really don not know if I agree. Since I bought this Sling box I used first here in Brazil and later in Mexico with out having any kind of trouble until the last update.

The other thing is that if its known this connection situation the company should aware customers about it and I did not find any were a recommendation of not buying the Slingbox if it's going to be used outside the U.S.

So is there a way to fix my Slingbox??.

Kind Regards

Ricardo

Enviado desde mi iPad

El 27/09/2014, a las 19:22, stanley.sling <answers@slingmedia.com> escribió:

Slingbox Answers Forum

Slingbox not working since last actualization

reply from stanley.sling in Audio/Video Troubleshooting - View the full discussion

Hello Ricardo,

The most probable cause of this issue is most likely the fact that all Slingboxes are regionalized. Basically what this mean for you, is that, to hook up a Slingbox in Mexico, you would have wanted to purchase that unit from within Mexico or on the Mexican Sling website (www.slingbox.com.mx). A Slingbox purchased in the US will try to use IP Addresses from within the US to connect to the servers. If you take a US Slingbox out of the USA then you are likely to run into all sorts of network/connection issues.

Hope this helps!

Stanley

Sling Media Forum Moderation Team

Reply to this message by replying to this email, or go to the message on Slingbox Answers Forum

Start a new discussion in Audio/Video Troubleshooting by email or at Slingbox Answers Forum

Following Slingbox not working since last actualization in these streams: Inbox